No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Only 1 available and it's in 1 people's basket
Rex begonia (Begonia rex-cultorum) is a semi-tropical perennial plant normally grown as an outdoor container plant or houseplant. The forms sold commercially are carefully cultivated varieties of the B. rex species native to parts of eastern Asia. If planted in the garden (a relatively somewhat rare occurrence), rex begonia is grown as an annual in all but the warmest climates
Weight 1.5 lbs
Rex Begonias sometimes called Painted Leaf Begonias are native to India and are grown for their beautiful foliage. With ornamental swirls, spots and stripes in black, silver, green, red and purple with a range of metallic sheens and interesting shapes this is one striking foliage plant. The Rex Begonia has small flowers, but they are inconsequential compared to its leaves. As frost-tender subtropical plants, Rex Begonias are perfect for indoors. Place them indoors in bright light but out of direct sun. Avoid keeping the soil too wet, allow the top to dry slightly between waterings.
- Botanical Name Begonia rex-cultorum
- Common Names Rex begonia
- Plant Type Herbaceous perennial
- Mature Size 12 to 18 inches tall, similar spread
- Sun Exposure Part shade to full shade
- Soil Type Porous potting soil
- Bloom Time Not grown for flowers
- Flower Color Not grown for flowers
- Hardiness Zones 10 to 12 (USDA)
- Native Area Parent species from Northeastern India, southern China, and Vietnam
Shipping Countries: United States (US)
Ready to ship in 3-5 business days
I take tremendous pride in all my plants that I ship to new homes. I offer a flat rate shipping price that is very reasonable, but will also upgrade your shipping depending on the carrier issues at the time.
Case by case