No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Dorotheanthus bellidiformis | Mezoo trailing red | Livingstone Daisy
The Mezoo Trailing Red is a sprawling to mounding plant with succulent green leaves edged with white and occasionally accented by button-sized red flowers in spring. This annual succulent is from South Africa’s Cape Provinces. The small, round, daisy-like flowers appear on the stems among the heavy, elliptical, pointed leaves.
Bright flowers with many petite petals remain open during cloudy weather, unlike other Livingstone daisies which close if the sky darkens. This variety is a compact flower bred by Syngenta. It is commonly used as a border plant, in hanging baskets, or in a patio container. It also makes an excellent “spiller” in sunny container gardens or an annual groundcover in the rock garden. This plant tolerates poor soil, heat, and drought!
Weight 1 lbs
Dimensions 8 × 6 × 4 in
Bright Indirect, Full Sun, Partial Sun
Stage of Rooting
# of nodes
- What to expect: You’ll get a healthy plant in a 4″ nursery pot. Please note: The pictures may show an enlarged plant (more mature plant) for the sake of showing off the plant at its peak!
- Packaging & Shipping: Every plant is fragile and the shipping process is not always kind (or easy). That’s why every plant is packaged snugly with care in a pot with plastic wrapping tightly sitting over the dirt in the pot to prevent it from falling out as well as around the pot to hold it in place inside the shipping box.
- Returns & Refunds: Due to the nature of the product, we cannot accept returns or refunds. If there are issues with your order, please reach out to us so that we can do our best to find an appropriate resolution.
- Soil: A standard well-drained potting soil mix. We use a mixture of 50% perlite and 50% succulent soil mix to ensure the roots remain aerated and healthy.
- Light: Dorotheanthus Mezoo will grow best in full to partial sun, but will also thrive in shade.
- Water: Water thoroughly when the top 50-75% of the soil feels dry to touch, or when your plant starts to wrinkle a bit. Dorotheanthus Mezoo are succulent plants that are fairly drought-tolerant, but grow better with regular watering. During dry times, more watering may be needed, and cool, during rainy times, less watering may be needed.
- Temperature: The Mezoo thrives in temperatures 60-80 degrees, so they do well in typical indoor temperatures.
- Additional care: To encourage bushier growth and branching, feel free to pinch back growth every so often.
- Store Name: Gardengineering
- Vendor: Gardengineering
- Address: Raleigh, NC 27606
- No ratings found yet!