No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Tradescantia chrysophylla | Baby Bunny Bellies
The Tradescantia chrysophylla, also commonly known as Baby Bunny Bellies, is an easy care houseplant with fuzzy foliage! This plant is perfectly named, it really does feel silky just like a baby bunny’s belly! It’s a climbing or trailing plant and will thrive indoors with sufficient lighting.
With velvety green leaves and soft downy purple undersides like a baby rabbit’s belly. Must be touched to appreciate its silky texture. A wonderful trailing plant for baskets, mixed patio containers, or ground cover. It grows 4 to 8 inches in full or partial sun and is easily propagated from cuttings. It requires bright indirect light. If the light is too dim, the leaf markings will fade. Keep the soil slightly moist, but don’t water directly into the crown as this will cause an unsightly rot in your plant. Care should be taken, particularly in winter, that the plant doesn’t become too dry.
Tradescantia are climbing or trailing plants which will thrive indoors in good light. They are also known by other names: spider-lily, cradle-lily, oyster-plant and flowering inch plant. The stems trail to about 60 cm or more!
Weight 1 lbs
Dimensions 8 × 6 × 4 in
zone 12, Zone 9-11
Mexico, South America
- What to expect: You’ll get a healthy plant in a 4″ nursery pot. Please note: The pictures may show an enlarged plant (more mature plant) for the sake of showing off the plant at its peak!
- Packaging & Shipping: Every plant is fragile and the shipping process is not always kind (or easy). That’s why every plant is packaged snugly with care in a pot with plastic wrapping tightly sitting over the dirt in the pot to prevent it from falling out as well as around the pot to hold it in place inside the shipping box.
- Returns & Refunds: Due to the nature of the product, we cannot accept returns or refunds. If there are issues with your order, please reach out to us so that we can do our best to find an appropriate resolution.
- Soil: A standard well-drained potting soil mix. We use a mixture of 50% perlite and 50% succulent soil mix to ensure the roots remain aerated and healthy.
- Light: Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Water: Keep the soil slightly moist, allowing soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Temperature: The Tradescantia thrives in temperatures 60-80 degrees, so they do well in typical indoor temperatures.
- Store Name: Gardengineering
- Vendor: Gardengineering
- Address: Raleigh, NC 27606
- No ratings found yet!