No products in the cart.
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Silver Tradescantia Zebrina | Inch Plant
A popular houseplant, the Silver Tradescantia Zebrina, is a trailing evergreen perennial with attractive, lance-shaped, green to purple leaves with two silvery, longitudinal stripes, while the lower leaf surface is solid magenta.
This plant acts as a great ground cover and climbing plant. It has attractive, colourful foliage and produces rosy-purple, 3-petalled flowers.
Leaf nodes on the stem are supposed to be 1-inch apart, hence the common name inch plant. Tolerates a wide range of growing conditions. Does best in filtered sun, average room temperatures and moist but well-drained soil. Reduce watering in the winter. Pinch back to encourage bushy growth. Plants can be pruned back hard every spring and can be taken outside on a protected patio in the summer. It is commonly grown in a hanging pot. This plant is synonymous with Tradescantia pendula and Zebrina pendula.
Tradescantia zebrina is a classic houseplant for a reason! It beautiful color and saturated tones make it stand out in any planter or hanging basket. This plant is very easy to care for. For best results provide bright light and water when it’s almost dry. However, it can stand to be in less than bright light and can hand drying out between waterings.
Weight 1 lbs
Dimensions 8 × 6 × 4 in
# of nodes
Bathroom, Bedroom, Greenhouse, Humid Environment, Kitchen, Living Room, Office, Sunroom
zone 12, Zone 9-11
- What to expect: You’ll get a healthy plant in a 4″ nursery pot. Please note: The pictures may show an enlarged plant (more mature plant) for the sake of showing off the plant at its peak!
- Packaging & Shipping: Every plant is fragile and the shipping process is not always kind (or easy). That’s why every plant is packaged snugly with care in a pot with plastic wrapping tightly sitting over the dirt in the pot to prevent it from falling out as well as around the pot to hold it in place inside the shipping box.
- Returns & Refunds: Due to the nature of the product, we cannot accept returns or refunds. If there are issues with your order, please reach out to us so that we can do our best to find an appropriate resolution.
- Soil: A standard well-drained potting soil mix. We use a mixture of 50% perlite and 50% succulent soil mix to ensure the roots remain aerated and healthy.
- Light: Bright, indirect light. If the light is too dim, the leaf markings and variegation will fade.
- Water: Keep the soil slightly moist, allowing soil to dry out completely between waterings.
- Temperature: The Tradescantia thrives in temperatures 60-80 degrees, so they do well in typical indoor temperatures.
- Store Name: Gardengineering
- Vendor: Gardengineering
- Address: Raleigh, NC 27606
- No ratings found yet!